Starting to use the inbound marketing and lead generation, you’ll definitely notice an increase in your contacts database, but sellers need to lead qualified to be able to sell faster. Come can do to create them?
By following, these four steps will create a successful strategy for earning more qualified leads with the inbound marketing and make happy your team.
Step 1 – Clarify the meaning of Sales Qualified Lead
The marketing team and sales must understand how it is a qualified lead, otherwise no one will reach their goals because they lack the understanding between the two teams and therefore co-operation. For example, for trade is extremely difficult to close a lead into a customer unskilled or who is at a low level of the funnel, it would be much easier for your business if your business contacts receive only ready to buy!
Organize a meeting to figure out exactly what they mean by qualified lead your business and what they need to sell better, passes this information to the marketing team so that the entire company is aligned to achieve a common goal.
Step 2 – Develop a Process
It’s time to organize your project!
- Create a document outlining in clear stages of the life cycle of contacts, when and how they are passed on to business, how and where they should be followed in after-sales and other agreements for CRM;
- Share it with all your company and make sure that it is accepted by all;
- Assign a person in charge of the document so that you make the necessary changes to the CRM. This will help you identify and especially to avoid any bottleneck.
Step 3 – Create a simple system Lead Scoring
According to HubSpot, 79% of B2B companies have not yet established a scoring lead, ie a score of evaluation to understand the goodness of a lead.
Doing the work of the business will be easier because they will receive notifications for contact with a person only when it reaches a specific score that indicates that it is close enough at the time of purchase.
You may also like to read: Lead Generation: All you need to know
How to create your lead scoring?
- This determines what importance to attach to each factor (for example, +1 point for a visit to the site, +2 points to open an email, +5 points for filling in a form, -100 points if it is not a person buyers, for example, a student);
- Rate your leads Aided with a software suitable as HubSpot to automatically assign positive and negative values at each lead;
- Set a specific score to understand when someone is ready to be sold (e.g. 50 points); It agrees with the commercial which methods to use to pass them the lead (e.g. by email or task or notifications in CRM). In this way, the system will help you not only in sales, but also to give priority to contacts most likely to purchase.
Step 4 – Focus on Lead Nurturing
The lead nurturing is the process by which you can increase the interest of potential customers for your company using targeted content. Their score for the scoring lead increases as read or content click on your site and decreases when they do nothing or ignore your emails.
If you are not able to understand why the score of someone does not increase, (they have decided not to receive your email or you have forgotten your company?), Send them an email with a report or a guide to attract his interest.
In this way you can continue to submit content you are interested in, increase your score and bring it toward the purchase phase.
In the event that some contacts are struggling to progress in the buyer’s journey by yourself, you can also trigger workflows that help the marketing team to qualify at best and as quickly as possible.
But be careful! Not all contacts you can qualify and go to the store in no time!
A contact who has just become aware of their own problems and therefore is in the awareness phase of the buyer’s journey, it sure is not ready to buy because it has yet to understand what is the best way to solve his problem. Especially for products that have a longer buying cycle, potential customers do not buy until you have thoroughly studied the possible solutions and decided which one is the most suitable for their situation.
Before buying, contacts may be interested in the comparison between your products and those of the competition for more information (then you send them a comparison or reviews of other customers who have enjoyed with your company and with what sell) or would only better understand the problem (then you send them information material).