In the field of sales presentation techniques, how does the successful commercial behave on a first date? How to deal with the company presentation at its best? To answer this question, let’s immediately analyze the following points, which will allow us to better understand what to do and what attitudes show off in the presence of a possible client: 10 valid indications to be exploited to the point to be appreciated by a diffident public.
1# Get information on your contact person
Before meeting a new contact person to expose your company presentation and the products-services offered, always remember to find as much information as possible on your account: whether it is habits, problems, needs or preferences, if you are willing to hit the mark, you have to prove to the interlocutor that he already knows exactly what he really needs.
2# Build a good relationship
As soon as you enter the office of a new buyer, avoid starting the conversation by talking about business immediately because, if you want to get good feedback, it is better that the person you are interviewing gains confidence in you: talking about the most less, showing you sociable and standing out for sympathetic, increases exponentially the chances of making you listen, appreciate and choose.
3# Ask targeted questions
As sales techniques teach, when you have the goal to close a contract or to buy someone a certain asset, you must grasp its needs by asking some specific questions that, in addition to allowing you to understand what to propose, also help you to present your solution in the best way: as soon as you learn the real need of the referent, you can make him believe he is the right person to support him.
4# Take notes
If you are talking to a new customer, before pushing on your business presentation, make sure you understand the needs of the interlocutor by taking notes and accurately marking all the key points of the speech: in this way, while focusing with scruple the situation of the subject, you can also show him great professionalism.
5# Write down all objections and respond with kindness
Noting all the perplexities and objections of the referent demonstrates, as well as interest in this person, the willingness to listen to it really to provide sincere reassurance and real solutions: when you notice a certain opposition, avoid responding rudely and keep the calm by seeing that you are really reflecting on what is being told to you.
6# Learn to listen
When we talk about sales techniques, the most important advice of all is to learn the art of listening by stifling the urge to stop to give your opinion: if you want to become a good business, in 70% of the time available you have to listen to what others say and in the remaining 30% you can intervene by asking questions and answering any questions asked by the interlocutor.
7# Learn the customer’s answers
The most shrewd seller is always the one who, after having established a constructive dialogue with the buyer, is able to deepen the most important issues, asking precise questions capable of unveiling details that otherwise could not emerge: when you ask for more information on a certain question, you automatically place yourself at a level closer to that of the referent.
8# Identify the primary need
Even if the interlocutor can have different reasons for choosing your product-service, there is always one that, more than any other, leads him inexorably (and sometimes unconsciously) to the solution offered by you: if you can find the spring that can push it to a possible purchase , certainly increases the chances of concluding the sale.
9# Eliminate criticism by reasoning the other party
When the possible customer raises a criticism of your proposal, try to remove the objection by making it reason. The ways you have available to succeed in this are different, but the most effective certainly consist in your ability to …
- Give it a choice (if, for example, he fears payment in a single solution, grant him a delayed formula);
- Get to the heart of the matter (if, for example, he says he is not ready for your offer yet, ask him what his real perplexities are);
- Identify a solution (if, for example, you answer that it is willing to buy your product but only without shipping costs, screen meeting).
10# Close the sale
In order for your company presentation to really end with an actual sale, after meticulously respecting all the previous steps, you must proceed with decision until the signing of the contract: before dismissing from the interlocutor, make sure you have really convinced that you and only you are the right professional for him.
These are our 10 sales presentation techniques that will help you make a good impression in front of any possible customer: effective solutions to be exploited on every first date to maximize business performance.