- July 26, 2017
- Posted by: Roger Walker
- Category: Reviews
If you’re looking for a rewarding career and the chance to gain the satisfaction from fixing things with your own hands, then plumbing could be for you. There are some great benefits to training as a qualified plumber so let’s take a look at some of them:
- If you don’t like the thought of sitting in a classroom environment, then with plumbing you can very much ‘learn on the job’. Even at apprentice level, you’ll be earning a wage and not having to worry about racking up loads of student debts!
- Plumbing also offers fantastic earning potential. Plumbing is a niche skill and always in demand and as a result, the pay is pretty good. This makes plumbing a secure trade, with demand growing instead of declining as in many other trades. It’s a bit like the demand for doctors, we will always need them and we will always need plumbers. If you’re good at what you do, you’ll always be in work.
- There is a huge amount of variety in plumbing, it’s certainly not all leaking toilets and getting dirty. Plumbing is a skill required in many different industries. New buildings need plumbing systems designed for them, so you could get into this area. You could also find yourself responsible for managing and repairing city water systems or even developing new plumbing technology.
- Choosing to set up your own private business is another option available to you. Many people desire being their own boss because of the freedom, independence and flexibility it can offer. You get to decide what work to do, where you do it and when you do it.
- Plumbing is the perfect combination of using both mind and body. If the thought of a desk job leaves you cold then life as a plumber involves physical activity and dealing with things to keep your mind active such as figuring out problems and dealing with every day business transactions. For Boiler repair in Surrey, visit http://www.rjplumbingandheating.co.uk/boilerServicing.htm
- You might laugh when you’re told that plumbers are heroes but when you analyse what they do, they really can save lives. Without the infrastructure of effective water systems and the disposal of waste water, we would all be at risk of horrible diseases. Plumbers do indeed protect the health of everyone. Where there’s people, there’s water and where there’s water, there needs to be good plumbers.
- Plumbing can be a surprisingly sociable job too. You won’t be stuck in an office but out meeting new people every day. Meeting customers and fixing their problems, offering a friendly and professional service will pay dividends in positive referrals and increased income.
- Do-it-yourself becomes a lot cheaper as well when you have the knowledge and skills to fix your own plumbing issues! You’ll never need to call out another plumber ever again once you become one. It’s not a deal breaker but yet another handy little reason to become a plumber if you’re still not sure after all these fantastic reasons.