Dabbing can be defined as the art of smoking dab. Dab means “pinch”. And it is precisely a bit or small amount that is necessary to achieve the most powerful effects. To better understand what a dab is and how to prepare a dab rigs, first of all let’s review the different types of cannabis concentrates …
- Shatter: It is a concentrate that usually has a high percentage of THC. It is a hard substance like glass, similar to amber. In THC content it generally varies between 70% and 90%.
- Wax: It has a texture much softer than the shatter, like plasticize. On average, the THC content varies between 50% and 80%.
- Sugar Wax: It has a more solid consistency than wax. When it is manipulated it crumbles, it usually remains a texture similar to sugar. It only has a better taste and profile of terpenes, while the average THC content ranges from 60% to 90%.
- Crumble: It means fall apart. And is that when it is handled easily crumbles into small pieces and even dust in some cases. It is produced by adding different amounts of vacuum and temperature during the extraction process. The amount of THC varies between 60% and 80%.
- Budder: Its consistency is sticky, similar to a butter. It has a high terpene flavor and profile. The THC content ranges from 50 to 70%.
- Live Resin: Living resin, is made by extracting fresh cannabis buds, without curing process. It has a very high amount of terpenes. The concentration of THC varies between 80 to 90%, even higher in some cases.
- CO2 sap: It is produced as living resin. On average it has a THC content between 50% and 60%.
- The Pure: It is one of the extractions with higher THC concentration, normally higher than 95%. It is a clear liquid that is usually infused with fruits such as apple or grape, or add lemon terpenes to give it better flavor.
- Rosin: It is a type of extraction that is elaborated applying heat to the buds. These are pressed with hot plates, which produces the secretion of the resin. It has a THC content of approximately 60%.
Systems to remove concentrates
- PHO: It is an extraction in which propane gas is used.
- BHO: It is an extraction in which butane gas is used. It is one of the most common methods.
- CO2: It is a solvent-free extraction. They are possibly the healthiest concentrates, although many consumers claim that it harms the taste.
- HEAT: It is the technique used for Rosin Tech.
When it’s time to do a dab, remember that you only need a pinch. Of the different devices to consume dab, we can highlight some vaporizers, electronic nails and of course, the most common rigs or pipes for dabs.
Electronic vaporizers and nails are as simple as pressing a button. Undoubtedly, they are the easiest and quickest equipment, they can be conveniently carried in any pocket and used anywhere we are.
Pipes on the other hand require a blowtorch to heat the nail where the extraction will later be deposited. For this, a torch is needed to bring these materials to red hot and produce a thick vapor and great flavor.