- August 9, 2016
- Posted by: Chowdhury Shahid Uz Zaman
- Category: Business
Your company website generates leads for the business. It is valid leads that the sales team can turn into customers.
Much of B2B companies struggle to find a digital strategy that increases lead generation from the company website, in this post will deepen the techniques to transform the site into more of lead source for the sales team.
According to research carried out by B2B Technology Marketing Community, the main challenge for anyone who does marketing for B2B companies it is to get quality leads.
Find new business opportunities with traditional outbound marketing channels, however, it is becoming increasingly complex, but equally expensive resulting in an increase in the average cost per lead.
For this reason, the B2B marketing looks to digital for finding new customers. To clarify the intricate world of web marketing, let’s start with the basics and define a fundamental concept.
Tip: Assemble the marketing team and sales in the company and give a clear definition to the term leads.
What is a lead?
A lead is a business contact potentially interested in purchasing your products or services; visiting your company website and filling out a form with their contact details a foreign person becomes a lead.
In general, we can say that a lead is a potential customer who needs a product / service such as that offered by you and has a projected budget for the purchase. You interested in being recalled or to meet one of your commercial.
Source of lead
Where do the lead? From your company website. That’s where it all begins. If you do not have a company website optimized for B2B lead generation, it’s time to run for cover. The company website should be the container and the heart of all your marketing activities and future.
It is the job of marketing to bring qualified traffic to the website, the hub of all promotional communications, which will be, used all the mechanisms necessary to convert into leads valid users.
The conversion process leads, as mentioned, are done by filling in a form by the visitor (up to that time a stranger).
This expression indicates the total number of leads generated by the company’s site divided by the total number of visitors in a given period of time.
At this point, the online lead generation becomes a mathematical equation:
Traffic (number of visits) x conversion rate = lead
In the B2B context, the average conversion rate is between 2 and 6% (depending on the specific sector).
It goes without saying that to support the commercial development of a company; it should increase both components of the equation, the traffic to the site and the conversion rate.
If you are planning to contact a marketing agency for the planning and implementation of your campaigns, these are two basic questions to be asked during the first meeting with the potential partner:
- As you increase the volume of traffic (qualified) to the company website?
- As you improve the conversion rate of the company website?
The following are some of the inbound marketing tools needed to increase traffic to the site and the conversion rate.
Increase traffic to the company website…
- Create a blog in which the published articles containing the keywords that you want to targeting capabilities to meet potential client’s interests. The blog and content marketing is a great tool to improve the positioning of the company website pages for those keywords. The posts are also the perfect material for the shares on social and newsletters.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or all the technical features to optimize your company site for search engines. Remember to always give priority to the experience of the user’s navigation.
- Social Media Marketing: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter in the first place. Take part in the conversations of your customers and prospects in the channels of their choice to search for information online will give evidence to the content that you publish on social and will bring more qualified traffic to the company website.
- Marketing Automation is sending emails to your lists of business contacts to provide further information on the topics that interest them. The lead nurturing process (Lead nurturing) invites them to return to the site and stay connected to the company, leading them gradually to the maturation and acquisition.
- Traffic from external links: by publishing valuable content as a post on the company blog, Slideshare or eBook, social media or email, you might get links from external sites and new qualified traffic, as well as being rewarded by Google with a better positioning.
As we have seen, the aim of this strategy is not generic traffic but qualified and interested. The inbound marketing really focuses on attracting only quality traffic to the company website and the strategy is based on creating content that appear in the first pages of search results, are shared on social media and emailed through marketing software automation.
You may also like to read another article on Heygom: The digital marketing psychology that should have more technology
Improve the conversion rate of the company website
If you have managed to increase qualified traffic to the site, you’re halfway there … let’s say that the current conversion rate is 2%. To get more leads available for handle and turn into customers, you will also need to improve the conversion rate. As here are some ideas:
- Tests and changes to the company website
Users of your business site are clicking more easily a red or green button. Compiler more willingly a contact forms where you are not prompted for their phone number. You probably do not know the answer to these questions.
No problem, the solution is to test two different versions of the same page of the company website and find out by analyzing user behavior, which provides the best performance generating the most leads.
A simple modification to the order of the words, the color or the image can improve your conversion rate, you just have to experience!
- Adding testimonials and case studies to the company website
Visitors are interested in learning about the success stories of your current customers prior to purchase of your products or services. Adding testimonials and case studies to the company website will show users that someone has had the same experience before them; it is a satisfied customer. The creation of the trust bond is a vital added value in the conversion process. If your buyers person is the Purchasing Director of a company, read the testimony of a professional with the same role reassure your prospects and inspire them to take the next step in the buying process.
There are many cases, especially in the B2B area, where the form “Contact” represents the only opportunity to conversion into leads users on the corporate site. The addition of other call-to-action will further increase the chances of conversion. These calls to action will allow visitors to download an eBook, participate in an online seminar, subscribe to the blog for FREE just by filling out a form with some data (name, email, position held in the company, company name).
You’ll lead because of valid interest in the proposed content and prospects will be more convinced to their contacts without the pressure of an impending trade call. In this case, obviously, it will not be ready to buy leads, but to feed gradually with other information.
Each call-to-action helps to improve the conversion rate of your company website, why not to associate one with each page?
We have seen how increasing traffic to the website and improving the conversion rate, the company website can become an effective lead generation mechanism. If you want to find out how to apply the necessary changes to your site or know all the potential inbound marketing, today the same book a free session with one of our certified experts!